Business Development Representative
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for SafetySkills. BDRs are a key component to our sales growth strategy as they will find and nurture qualified leads for our Account Executives (AEs) through outbound phone calls, email campaigns and social selling. This role is to actively seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with basic MS Office tools like Outlook and Excel
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to build and maintain relationships
- Ambitious and hardworking (we consistently promote from within)
- Work well in an open office and fast-paced team environment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to bounce back easily from rejection
- Any experience with software and technology is a huge plus
- Experience with contact managers and CRM systems like Salesforce preferred
- Present basic company and product information to prospects over the phone and online
- Gather valuable qualifying information from customer prospects
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Schedule product demonstrations for Account Executives (AEs)
- Support AEs by adding new qualified customer prospects to their sales pipeline
- Provide regular updates on any customer developments, feature requests, complaints, etc. to appropriate team members
- Update and enhance data records using Salesforce and other tools
- Operate with the utmost integrity and professionalism, conducting yourself in a way that builds trust and credibility
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market and build a pipeline of sales opportunities
- Report to the Director of Sales and Marketing on a weekly basis in regard to sales results
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Prior sales and/or customer service experience
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing, open office environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (FSA)
- Gym Membership (Employee pays half)
- PTO – 3 weeks for new employees
- Holiday Pay
- Casual dress code
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and respond to client tickets via email. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Hours Of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hours commencing from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 950 EHS online training titles for organizations in several different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.