Digital Designer I
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Digital Designer I is responsible for using designated applications and assets to create the graphical component of SafetySkills’ training courseware. While creative freedom is valued and provided, the Digital Designer I works as part of a team and will be expected to tailor efforts to blend with an overall visual style established by the Creative Director and the rest of the Digital Design team.
SafetySkills courseware features a blend of staged 3D animations, still images, audio, video, and other graphical/audio elements. Therefore, the Digital Designer I is required to use multiple development technologies. These include, but are not limited to, Adobe Creative Cloud, Unreal Engine and certain other 3D asset-manipulation applications.
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work on multiple projects under shifting deadlines
- Must be willing to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work with little guidance or direction
- Research/learn new techniques and software Collaborate with other Digital Design members to develop and/or find assets
- Create courseware using a mix of graphical elements/strategies with various 3D and 2D software
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Collaborate with the ISD department to solve complex issues, such as interaction models and data visualization
- Work with other departments to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability and accessibility standards
- Ensure consistency of brand across digital customer touch points
- Work with a component library as well as source images (stock photos, video footage and 3D assets)
- Time graphical elements with provided voiceover narration
- Perform ongoing courseware maintenance according to customer/internal requests
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field preferred
- Must have knowledge in Unreal Engine, Adobe After Effects, PhotoShop, and Illustrator
- Must have knowledge of vector and raster graphics and file formats
- Unreal Engine, specifically in generating animation sequences and rendering is a plus
- Other 3D animation experience is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- TelaDoc – HealthiestYou
- Life Insurance (1 times salary up to $100k)
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (FSA)
- Gym Membership (Employee pays half)
- PTO – 3 weeks for new employees
- Holiday Pay
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and respond to client tickets via email. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Hours Of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hour work day from 9am-6pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 700 EHS online training titles for organizations in six different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.