Digital Designer I
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Digital Designer I is responsible for using designated applications and assets to create the graphical component of SafetySkills’ training courseware. While creative freedom is valued and provided, the Digital Designer I will work as part of a team and will be expected to tailor efforts to blend with an overall visual style established by the Director of Content Development and the rest of the Content Development team.
SafetySkills courseware features a blend of staged 3D animations, still images, audio, video, and other graphical/audio elements. Therefore, the Digital Designer I is required to use multiple development technologies. These include, but are not limited to, Adobe Creative Cloud, Unreal Engine and certain other 3D asset-manipulation applications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under shifting deadlines
- Must be willing to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A good attitude, creative mindset and good listener
- Able to work with several software applications at a time
- Understanding of video composition with motion graphics and audio effects
- Collaborate with other Digital Designers to develop and/or find assets
- Create courseware using a mix of graphical elements/strategies with various 3D and 2D software
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Collaborate with the ISD department to solve complex issues, such as interaction models and data visualization
- Work with other departments to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability and accessibility standards
- Ensure consistency of brand across digital customer touch points
- Work with a component library as well as source images (stock photos, video footage and 3D assets)
- Time graphical elements with provided voiceover narration
- Perform ongoing courseware maintenance according to customer/internal requests
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field preferred
- Must have knowledge in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Must have knowledge of vector and raster graphics and file formats
- Preferred knowledge in Unreal Engine, specifically in animation sequences and rendering is a plus
- Preferred knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite
- Other 3D animation experience is a plus
- Java Script experience is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (FSA)
- Fitness Benefit
- PTO – 3 weeks for new employees
- Holiday Pay
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to respond to course update tasks along with custom client projects that may differ from standard courseware development. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of their position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Hours Of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hours commencing from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 950 EHS online training titles for organizations in six different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.