Instructional Systems Design/Project Management
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Instructional Systems Design Project Manager’s (ISDPM) primary responsibility is overseeing the research, design, development, and implementation of SafetySkills’ various training products. This includes ownership of the projects from start to finish. The ISD/PM interfaces with the Digital Design team to ensure that graphical content effectively illustrates the course’s learning objectives. The integrity – the factual accuracy and learning effectiveness – of the training product ultimately rests with the ISD team and the successful management of courseware development projects.
The successful ISDPM candidate will possess the technical knowledge and skills necessary to manage multiple technical development projects, ensure their completion on schedule and budget, and apply instructional systems design methodology to SafetySkills training products.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with a friendly, positive attitude
- Demonstrated history of research and learning through work activities
- Demonstrated general awareness of Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Resources Compliance and other areas of occupational training
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects under shifting deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, with proven success managing technical projects
- Own and manage the course development projects from start to finish
- Research, design and write training courses using ADDIE ISD model
- Contribute to course research, design and script development
- Review, fact-check, edit and approve team scripts; give feedback and guidance to team
- Generate project hours budgets and track progress
- Monitor and control courseware development tasks
- Provide quality control and audit checks on all work before deadline
- Identify unforeseen circumstances that could affect the project, propose solutions, and as directed, implement the solution to ensure the project is completed successfully
- Continuously work to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in a Liberal Arts discipline or other field requiring extensive research/writing. Past successful candidates have studied Classics, Rhetoric, English Literature, Library Science, etc. The specific discipline is not as important as a sharp eye for detail, concise language, and the ability to anticipate the needs of learners.
- Professional writing experience preferred (may include technical writing, academic writing, journalism, non-fiction, fiction, essays, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with Instructional Design and/or Project Management procedures a plus
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and respond to client tickets via email. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 700 EHS online training titles for organizations in six different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.