Instructional Systems Design Project Manager
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Instructional Systems Design Project Manager’s (ISDPM) primary responsibility is overseeing the research, design, development, and implementation of SafetySkills various training products. This includes ownership of the projects from start to finish and serving as an intermediary between the client and the Digital Design Teams. The integrity – the factual accuracy and learning effectiveness – of the training product ultimately rests with the ISD team and the successful management of the development projects.
The successful ISDPM candidate will possess the technical knowledge and skills necessary to manage multiple technical development projects, ensure their completion on schedule and budget, and apply instructional systems design methodology to SafetySkills training products.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with a friendly, positive attitude
- Demonstrated history of research and learning through work activities
- Demonstrated general awareness of Environmental; Occupational Health and Safety; Human Resources Compliance; and other Occupational training requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects under shifting deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, with proven success managing technical projects
- Own and manage the course development projects from start to finish
- Research, design and write training courses using ADDIE ISD model
- Contribute to course research, design and script development
- Review, fact-check, edit and approve support team scripts; give feedback and guidance to support team
- Interface with assigned clients and communicate with development team
- Generate project budgets and track budget progress
- Monitor and control tasks based on contractual requirements
- Provide quality control and audit checks on all work before deadline
- Identify unforeseen circumstances that could affect the project, propose solutions, and as directed, implement the solution to ensure the project is completed successfully
- Continuously work to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- BA or BS in: Environmental Science or Engineering; Occupational Health; Safety Engineering or Management; Human Resources; Adult Education or Instructional Systems Design; English or Technical Writing or equivalent relevant degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two years experience in technical writing; or MS in relevant field
- Minimum four years Project Management experience preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym membership
- Holiday pay
- Unlimited hot or cold coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, teas, etc. in our own private cafe!
- and much more!
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer. The employee must be able to lift/move weight up to 10lbs. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hours commencing any time between 7:00 am to 9:00 am between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.