Software Engineer Manager
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Software Engineering Manager (SEM) leads the Software Engineering Team in our efforts to design, develop, deploy and maintain enterprise-class platforms for our customers. The SEM will manage our team of software engineers and lead the team from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. The SEM will implement, execute, maintain and continually improve on a programming methodology and report to top management on resource requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and practices.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner.
- Manages assigned projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare status reports in terms of metrics including: sprint burndown, epic and release burndown, velocity, lead time and work item age.
- Hires, trains and assesses the performances of members of the development staff.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities and oversees workflow of project staff.
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Communicates information between other departments as needed.
- Completes quarterly program reviews to present to executive leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science-related field
- At least three years development experience as a manager
- C#, TypeScript, YAML and SQL programming languages
- Frameworks, including Angular, Ionic, Bootstrap, .Net Core, Entity Framework, Azure Functions, DevExpress and Component Space SSO
- Our services, including Azure, Azure DevOps, AWS, Imperva WAF and CloudFare
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance (1 times salary up to $100k)
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (FSA)
- Gym Membership (Employee pays half)
- PTO – 3 weeks for new employees
- Holiday Pay
- Casual dress code
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and respond to client tickets via email. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Hours Of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hours commencing from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 700 EHS online training titles for organizations in six different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments.