Content Development ISD Intern
- Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Content Development ISD Intern is primarily responsible for performing certain Post-Production courseware development tasks such as creating copyright recordings, updating courseware database information, and basic upkeep of project management data. The intern will work with all ISD members of the Content Development team and will perform various appropriate tasks as assigned. Interns will also be encouraged to learn SafetySkills’ research/instructional design methodology, and contribute to courseware Pre-Production tasks, such as research, scripting, procuring voiceover, etc. This is an internship with up to 25 hours per week.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must be comfortable with technology in general, and be willing to learn new software applications
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as closely with team members as needed
- Perform various tasks related to SafetySkills courseware development
- Work with team members to research courseware topics
- Work with internal teams/departments to update/maintain current training courses
- Perform some technical writing to support courseware development
- Assist in maintaining project documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience
- Student working toward degree related to journalism, professional writing, Instructional Design, or related field preferred
- Some experience with Environmental, Health and Safety a plus (may just be experience working in a safety-sensitive environment)
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 800 EHS online training titles for organizations in several different languages.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments