Database Administrator/SQL Database Developer
Are you ready to jump-start your career with one of the best SaaS companies in Oklahoma? Are you comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push you to be better? If you’re looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all these things, read on to see if you would be a good fit for us.
The Database Developer is responsible for keeping the database up and running smoothly 24/7. This role will ensure access is provided only to authorized users and services and is also responsible for data migration, business analysis, ETL processes, and performance tuning.
- Experience with MS SQL Server database design, data analysis, data warehousing, data integration and delivering reporting.
- 3+ year’s development experience in SSIS
- Experience with Tableau & Power BI
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Experience with thorough database security posture
- Be a team player as well as a self-starter with critical thinking skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Store, retrieve, migrate and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements in multiple data platforms including SQL server, Cosmos DB, Salesforce etc.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Resolve SQL issues with Indexes and tuning, transaction log issues, and database growth.
- Create data visualizations, reports using Tableau and communicate the findings back to the business
- Optimize queries, SSIS packages, and Azure system architecture to improve performance and scalability.
- Write and modify complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, views and user-defined functions.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data using Azure Data Factory
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Work with the application development team to establish and adhere to development standards
- Provide technical system support for various in-house systems
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience
- Experience with the following is a plus: Azure Dev Ops and GIT, Microsoft Visual Studio, IIS/Windows Server, AWS. Non-relational data stores
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and respond to client tickets via email. Must be able to see, hear and speak.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
SafetySkills provides award-winning, engaging online safety training for HR compliance and EHS competencies, offering a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees. Since 2007, the SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 950 EHS online training titles for organizations in several different languages.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (Employee Paid)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Gym Membership (Employee pays half)
- PTO – 3 weeks for new employees
- Holiday Pay
- Hybrid schedule
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The standard workday is generally from Monday through Friday, with 8 hours commencing from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.
SafetySkills believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law (collectively “Protected Statuses”). Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, education, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff and termination, and benefits and assignments